Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The problem with nerds

I don't often get on here and rant about gamers,video games,systems and how much I dislike the wii but sometimes I need to let off some steam. I really,really tend to dislike gamers in general. There are quite a few reasons behind that. It ranges from the rampant fanboyism of people who will never play an XBOX game because an XBOX isn't a Playstation to the continually unsportsmanlike conduct of players online to some people being just plain crybabies and sore losers. Of course my biggest problems with gamers happens to be the blatant,accepted and even encouraged amounts of racism,sexism,homophobia and religious bigotry. I can't count the amount of times I've been online playing a game and someone has said something stupid. On occasion the stupidity reaches epic proportions and people resort to being angry at a video game company for even attempting to do the right thing and donate money to help out earthquake victims. And,yes this has happened before and I even wrote about it a couple of years ago. The sexism is just about as bad as the racism when it comes to gaming online. It's almost to the point that I can't play a game with any female relative in the room because of the ridiculous amount of insults being blasted through the TV screen. Yes,I know that I can mute the voices with a few presses of a button but this doesn't change the fact that way too many gamers seem to have a dislike of anyone that isn't a white male. If you think I'm kidding just look at the ridiculous reactions that people had because of Aisha Tyler actually hosting an event at E3. This led to her writing a response basically telling the idiots to go fuck themselves and this then created another shitstorm of sexist racism from pissed off nerds who were offended that a female would have the gall to tell them anything about a fucking video game. I guess what I'm saying is that some of you gamers need to get over yourselves and realize that it's just a game and games are made for everyone. If not go die in a fire while losing another round of team snipers on Halo:Reach. Click on the video below to see someone else eloquently speak on the issue.


2 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.