Sunday, May 1, 2011

Half an accomplishment

Last year I put together a list of 23 things I wanted to do before I turned 24. So far I'm doing ok on that list but this isn't all about that. Yesterday I did something that I never thought I'd do. I participated in a 5K. It was my first time ever and it felt great. I actually want to do this repeatedly and finish in a better spot. I finished well within the top half of the crowd but now I want to be in the top 25%. Below is a list of things I noticed during the day.

1. Running with a partner is fun,really fun.

2. Its even more fun when she has a partner to run with you.

3. Taking off in a full sprint at the beginning of a 5k will hurt you.

4. We actually walked past a lot of people who just weren't in shape enough to do that 5k.

5. Michigan weather not only changes by the day but by the minute.

6. Belle Isle has absolutely stunning scenery.

7. The trees,buildings,fountains,statues and all that were nice too.

8. Running makes you look about 20 years younger than you actually are.

9. I should have worn running shoes but an extra pair of socks worked for me.

10. Did I mention that there were tons of women there?

11. Its almost distracting to see so many women in spandex stretching and bending in front of you.

12. About 3 miles in I realized that I really want to do this more often.

13. Some guys seemed a little too excited to start the race.

14. Never wear short shorts if you're a dude. Its just inappropriate.

15. I don't know how I resisted the urge to cheat.

16. I should have charged my MP3 player. The damn battery died on me.

17. Thanks #219 for taking me there.

18. Let's do it again someday soon.

19. I don't look as fat in that photo.

0 comments: