Monday, April 25, 2011

Redemption

As a kid I used to watch a ton of televised church programs with my grandparents. One of their favorites was Dr Fred K.C. Price who happens to be the founder of "Ever Increasing Faith Ministries". We watched so many of his sermons that the theme song is still stuck in my head to this day. With that said it kinda shocked me when I saw a March 2007 episode of 20/20. In the episode John Stossel did a report on pastors at megachurches who misspend money donated to them by their congregations. In the middle of that report a 10 second clip was played of Dr Price apparently bragging about the extravagant life that he lives. Its no secret that Dr Price is very well off but the clip was taken way out of context. Fortunately ABC issued an apology for this misleading mistake,4 years later. Click the photo of Dr Price to see the apology. Watch the video below that to see a report from a few years ago that points out the outright lie told on 20/20. I'm not endorsing the church in this post. It just annoys me when I see hack journalism followed by a half assed apology and then subsequently followed years later by another half assed apology.





0 comments: