Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just killing time here

Not too long ago I kinda got the idea in my head that I should probably stop being part of the problems here in Detroit and find a way to be a part of the solution. My first idea was to make a smartphone app that tracks the city's bus system in real time thus making it easier for riders to figure out how long they're gonna be standing out in the cold waiting for a ride. When the mayor decided to fire a ton of bus drivers,I put that entire idea on the backburner(of course if someone wants to help me do this,I'm happy to be helped) and decided to find other ways to improve lives. In that quest I found out that I could do things like volunteer,clean up a neighborhood and maybe even get into philanthropy. Since I'm gonna be testing out all 3 of those at some point this year I should probably learn about all 3. With that said on Thursday morning I'll be online watching a group of goal oriented,solution based people discuss different ways to help improve this city that I call home. Click this entire sentence to watch what I'll be watching. Click on the picture below to learn more about Detroit 4 Detroit.




0 comments: