Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I've never understood this




Watching the news today there was a ton of coverage about Sarah Palin promoting going rogue in Grand Rapids.During the coverage a reporter asked a woman why she was there to see Sarah Palin and the answer was basically along the lines of "Sarah Palin is just like the rest of us and she should be president". President? Really? I'm not saying that her experience as a former city council member,former mayor of Wasilla,Alaska and former Governor arent good qualifications to at least try.Anyone can try if they have the right money or support system but I never got why people wanted the average guy to be president. Personally I dont want someone like me to be president. I've never been to college outside of a couple of training courses to help other people vote. High school was hard enough for me. Most of the regular people I know dont have several college degrees,they love to drink on occasion,wont turn down a good party and to be serious with you they dont have thick enough skin to deal with the type of scrutiny that comes with being a public figure. Now imagine that person being in the white house.would you want someone with that type of demeanor and that type of temper in charge of everything? would you want a total hothead talking with foreign leaders and getting into fistfights with the president of France?I want you to really think about that. Think about your best friend. I'm sure he's a cool guy but you probably wouldnt let him drive your car on most days and with that logic you know you wouldnt let him be the one in charge of making decisions on the economy,taxes,defense,education,agriculture and the law. I know I wouldnt let any of my friends or family for that matter(especially some of my family) make those decisions and neither should you. lets stop voting for the regular guy and start voting for the qualified guy. it wont hurt anything and it keeps our best friends with us at the bars,clubs,picnics,football games and just generally there because as soon as the average guy gets elected to anything he immediately becomes a sellout douchebag. thats just my opinion though

2 comments:

Great last thought. The average joe/jane have NO IDEA what it is like to be in a position of actual power and responsibility and would likely behave badly there.

If I had that position of power right now I know I'd abuse it worse than W did. I have too many axes to grind,enemies and a huge chip on my shoulder. I'd sign things into law without it even going through congress just because i could. I'm clearly wrong for this country even if my ideas are right