Saturday, July 17, 2010

umm.....what?




As every single comic book and video game nerd in America knows Comic con starts next week. This event is basically like a comic book fan's wet dream. Imagine going to a place where everyone likes the same thing you like but they love it so much that they're willing to show up in costume just to see a seminar about the Green Lantern movie thats supposed to be coming out next year. Thats basically the essence of comic con and even if you aren't a supergeek its still really interesting and you're gonna have fun. Of course there are a few people who are going there but they aren't planning on having fun with super heroes and Kevin Smith. These people are going with the specific intent to ruin the festivities and cause a scene. These people are known as the Westboro Baptist Church and I've written about them before. The last time I wrote about them they were trying to cause a scene in front of the elementary school that the president's daughters attend. The "church" is known for protesting the funerals of fallen soldiers just to push their anti-gay agenda. They're also certifiably insane as seen from this video with "church" founder Shirley Phelps-Roper. I've never agreed with Sean Hannity on anything but I'm with him 1000% when it comes to that crazy woman. Now if you want to know why these idiots are protesting comic book fans,click on the picture below.

4 comments:

Thx for educating me on these folks, T1. I guess I've been out of the loop--for Hannity to actually make sense, I wonder if this is the end of normalcy as we know it.

I've updated my Earthquake survival kit just to be sure...

When their PC blue screens, and their X-Box red rings, and they can't manage their Blackberry contacts, and there is no customer support; they'll scream, Save US!

And I'll whisper No.

Ah, WBC. Don't you know that any geek serious enough to be at SDCC knows how to deal with a bunch of bullies at this point?

ZOD HATES NAGS!

The people at Comic Con are class A nerds. They're the type of nerds that know how to effectively ignore and walk away from a bully.